I tried to really have fun with good moments of mine in life and experience and my journey at full sail. I like the way it shows some parts of the past and what I have accomplished. It is not fully telling the story, but I think it opens a door.
The video could be reached here.
Here is my RISE Self evaluation video. This was a really good course and the experience was fascinating. When I was starting, I thought we are going to just wrap our courses up, but this was a really a good step to continues perfection.
The RISE Peer Review for Valerie Allison
I liked the way you approached your interview. You were good and friendly and confident and done your research. I will go through your interview and will share what I gathered and observed.
- Reflect – There were some good points in your interview. You seem so passionate about the company – in the case Amazon – which you are trying to apply a job for. You had a good series of questions and they were all reasonable. However a big company like Amazon might have more tricky questions for you! But you managed to pout your passion and experience in blogging and your degree from full sail university in a coherent string of thought. That, I think, would have a positive impact on people. Knowing where you are coming from, is a good and positive in building relationship at work and making new connections.
- Inquire – Apart from lighting, have you thought about having something in your background to give a positive and professional vibe? It might be a good idea to have a formal and professional background in your set – book shelves, for example – or a picture or artwork on the wall that could represent you in what you need and passion.
- Suggest – I think adding a book shelf in the background and having a better lighting would do wonders. I also noticed two things in your answers. Once you mentioned that in three or five years you might see yourself in the position of the person who is interviewing you right now? I think this is a very tricky answer and you would better off avoiding such speculations. Pick a realistic goal and within reasonable reach. This way you present some degrees of realism in your work and agenda without undermining your ambitions. The weakness and strength and where do you see yourself and very slippery slope questions. Catch some YouTube videos under the title “The Interview Guys”. These series and filled with insight about interview techniques and how to work on tricky questions and how to answer them or even dodge them!
- Elevate – Try to be a bit formal for your interview. The first impression is very important in sapiens world. No matter how many times people say “you do not judge a book by its cover”, this actually it is totally false. Everyone judges book by the cover. Go formal for the first meeting and then later you can evaluate and see how the area and the dress code and atmosphere in the work area is. One more thing, for big companies like Amazon, be very cautions about your research. It is just an example, but perhaps you should look at this report by New York Times about horrible and sometimes inhuman conditions of work at Amazon Headquarters. (You can check the report here). It caused huge controversy around work ethics and conditions in the Amazon. One might surprise you in the interview and ask what your idea is about such reports and why, if any, truth in it, you still want to work there. I am not saying the reports are true and I have my skepticism and reservations on that, but when it comes researching your company, do it really thorough.
I wish you the best and thanks for your review as well. You brought up very good, solid and valid points and I sincerely thank you for that.
For this project I was unfortunate enough to have some clear memory and experience about the time I had. I managed to record both stories with video and I put them both in one video with distinct difference in the two.
The video could be reached here.
For this assignment, I picked up five necessary questions and then ran my search on usual asked and frequently asked questions for the interview. The hardest one was about strength and weakness which I think I could come up with a good answer.
The video could be reviewed here.
For this assignment I ran some searches and had a chance to see many good materials bout different point to keep in mind in interviewing. The bust five questions I would like to ask are theses:
- What constitutes “success” in this team?
- Is this position newly opened or someone held it before?
- What made my resume stand out among other applicants for this position?
- What should be my priority if I happened to start working tomorrow?
- What is the most important elements to define your team/organization culture?
For this assignment, I practiced and tried to be short, concise and up to the point in my interview. This way I could set the layout the way I want it to be and I want to list my strong abilities and then be open to any kind of questioning line that comes afterward.
Here is my video.
Apart from the companies I had on the list, I added some more to them. I gathered information about the controversies and background to get a picture about the company and the mission. All gathered in the presentation below.
Here is my Prezi presentation.
It is great to be in touch with you and thanks for letting me share my vision in this email to you. I know your time is valuable so I will be concise and to the point.
My name is Kambiz Tavana and I am a multimedia producer/journalist. I have more than 12 years of experience in journalism, content production, informative outreach and media production in print and web formats. I recently graduated from Full Sail University and earned my Bachelor of Science in Media Communication.
For exploring my career forward, I wanted to ask you to let me in touch with the network whom might be able to help me. With my background, experience and education, I am confident I could be an asset in any related field of working and I could bring many values to work places and projects. If you could, please introduce me or get me in touch with friends, professionals and colleagues in your network so I can introduce myself better.
I available on LinkedIn, I have two projects on Critical Thinking about my first season of my own podcast production, Literature Therapy.
Thank you so much and looking forward to hear from you,
Tel: +1 202 828 7223
This is the elevator pitch I made at home. Pretty much the cornet I have at home as my office is good, setting and the light are good. I tried to follow the instructions for the perfect short pitch. Hopefully I have got the idea. I must add, it is not easy and took me lots of preparation.
2 Practice: Elevator Pitch</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/user23315985″>kambiz
tavana</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>